homeAbout UsTeachingPartiesFor the HomeFreebies

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

What I'm Teaching Wednesdays


So this week we are discussing winter and snowmen. The first thing I usually do when planning out my week is hit the good ole Pintrest up for some FABULOUS ideas. Well, I found a fabulous idea that I tweaked of course. We always have a snowball fight during this week of study and usually I just write words on pieces of paper and crumble them up. WELL, this year (today) I used snowflake clip art and typed the words inside the snowflake. The kids cut them out and colored them. Then we crumbled them up. The kids always enjoy this and plus I think it helps get that extra energy out. I tried to upload a video of them having all this fun--but for some reason it won't upload. I'll try again later. :)

I am using Deanna Jumps unit called My Snowman this week too--there is a GREAT poem in there and that my kids absolutely love! It talks about wetting the bed--oh MY word. You would have thought someone came into the classroom with their underwear on. CRACKS ME UP!  Praying for snow here in Tennessee!! Please oh please just let it be! 
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. We did that poem this week too! It is too dang funny! It was hilarious how many kids admitted after that poem that they had wet the bed!!!!!! It made me laugh out loud. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that's Shel Silverstein's (sp?) poem. We did it, too. I LOVE it! Thanks for the "throwing sight word snowballs" idea.
    Barbara
    Grade ONEderful

    ReplyDelete