homeAbout UsTeachingPartiesFor the HomeFreebies

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Teaching Trends Tuesday {Journals}

First I need to apologize because this post is going to be rather.....hum..short. I have so much on my mind right now I cannot even begin to tell you what teaching trends are! Ha!! But, I wanted to share a little idea that I'm working on right now as I type. 
Since I'm moving from 1st to K and student desks to tables I have been wondering about how to do journals and organize them without having my kids keep them inside their desks. So, this is what I have decided to do. 
I bought these:
folders with brads (15 cents at Walmart)
Clear plastic pencil case (75 cents at Walmart)

I found these from Castles and Crayons: I'm going to laminate these and hole punch them and put them inside their folders.
Put it all together and what do you get?? A super cute journal! I'm super excited. Oh yes--and to store them- I bought some really cute bins from the dollar tree and each table will have one so they can quickly spot theirs.
Happy Tuesday Friends....I have SO much work to get done. AHH!!
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. I did the exact same thing! Great minds must think alike!
    Rambling About Reading

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the monster poster. I am going to have to make a dino one to go with How to dinosaurs go to school. And...That song is wonderful! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing! Those resources are all so adorable! I share some similar resources for free on my blog, Beyond Gold Stars.

    I share two free printable phonics charts with vivid photos: an alphabet sound chart and a consonant blend/digraph chart.

    And your post with the cute monster inspired me to create a Whole Body Listener poster featuring a robot. It's also free to print. :)

    Us homeschoolers need to support each other, right? :)

    ReplyDelete