I'm It! Thank you Sandra from over at Sweet Times in First for tagging us in this fun tell all! : )
12 fun facts about me-
- I met a wonderful man online during my AOL days and we dated for 4.5 years.
- I married that wonderful man on 7*7*7
- I met my best friend while I was student teaching in her classroom in Jan of 2007.
- That teacher that I became such great friends with coordinated my wedding with only a months notice.
- My 1st year teaching I taught PreK and LOVED it. I then took over Daphne's position while she was out on maternity leave.
- I ran my first 5k in July 2011 and am now training for the next in May and a 10k this summer.
- My favorite movies of all time: Pretty Woman
- I would love to meet Julia Roberts one day.
- I went inside the Twin Towers in New York City the spring before 911. I would like to visit Ground Zero.
- I researched for a month to find a photographer. I emailed several and found many on facebook that I wanted to use. I was looking for someone who did it on the side and would be reasonable price wise. The first girl who contacted me back I went with. When I got there something told me to give her name to my brother and ask her if she was single. I could just feel God pushing me to introduce them and now they have been married for a year! Truly love my sister-in-law!!
- My husband and I took the Dave Ramsey Financial Peace course at our church 3 years ago and it was released SO MUCH financial stress between us both. Our marriage has become stronger and we communicate so much better about our finances AND we've lived off credit cards for 2 years and we haven't looked back.
- In June of 2011 I opened my own little invitation/announcement shop and I've really enjoyed it. Stop by and see me-- Savvy Chic Designs
Here's my questions from Sandra-
- What is your favorite fruit? My favorite fruit is strawberries and pineapples.
- Do you prefer eating out or cooking? Hum...let me think- someone cooking for me and serving it to me nice and hot without having to lift a finger or slaving away in the kitchen after standing on my feet for a full 7 hours? Hum---I think EATING OUT!
- Do you have an iPhone? No- now if I could afford to buy one I would probably have one. It's on one of my wish lists.
- What kind of car do you drive? Acura MdX
- What are your school hours? 8:00- 3:00 teachers have to be there at 7:45-3:15 Do you have duty? We have 20 days of bus duty meaning we have to get at school at 7am and we have to stay until 3:30 or until all children are accounted for. Do you have a prep? Not sure if this is like a planning time- but I get 30 minutes of planning everyday in Kindergarten---in 1st grade I got 30 minutes every day and 1 hour every week. I miss those extra 30 minutes.
- Do you have a Vera Bradley bag or what kind of bag do you use for your school things? I use the 31 Organizing Tote to carry my things everyday.
- Do you prefer chocolate candy or sour candy? CHOCOLATE.
- How do you organize class jobs? I have them posted on a bulletin board with small tin buckets I purchased at Target dollar zone- I put theirs names inside the buckets each morning and read them their jobs.
- How long do your kiddos get to eat lunch? After they get through the line and sit down, and the lunch attendant always gets them up early-- so it's around 20 minutes.
- What are the demographics of your school? We have 671 students in our school- 6 American Indian, 23- Asian, 109 Hispanics, 13- black, 520- White
- What are you wearing right now? Sweatpants, t-shirt, and slippers. Charming right?
- What is your hair routine? Blow dry, straighten, curl??? Blow dry with big round brush & then straighten.
Sorry I only chose 6-- but that doesn't mean I couldn't find 12 good---it's just hard to find 12 that haven't already participated.
1. Do you buy lunch or take your lunch to school?
2. What are your favorite shoes to wear to work?
3. How many kids do you have in your room?
4. What's your favorite place to shop?
5. Biggest board you have on pinterest?
6. What were your wedding colors? What will your wedding colors be?
7. Favorite TV show?
8. What is your escape?
9. Do you always want to teach or do you have other ideas in mind?
10. Where did you go to college?
11. Do you have a class pet?
12. Do you find raising your own children and teaching at the same time difficult?