homeAbout UsTeachingPartiesFor the HomeFreebies

Saturday, January 14, 2012

HOME Binder...Check!

Hello all!  I planned on doing this post yesterday, but...welllllll, let's just say this "little project," has taken a considerable chunk of time that I was not planning on.  I FiNaLlY finished at 4:30 am this morning!  Yes, I stayed up almost all night...crazy, I know!


Anyway, last year, I made a Home Organization Binder, but it wasn't working for me and I have a strong need for my organizational tools to do their job.  I had seen so many cute planners out there and I almost bought one, but it was very pricey.  I just couldn't bring myself to pay that money, just to have to pay again next year for a new planner.  I thought to myself, somebody should make printable ones.  Then, you would just have to replace the calendar pages the next year.  The rest stays the same.  Hey, wait a minute...I'm a graphic designer (or try to be) and I have an etsy shop...ding, ding, ding!!!   Take a look at the finished product.  ***All of these printable files are now available for purchase in my etsy shop.

I have had this pretty fuschia binder for a while.  I just inserted my Personalized Cover into the front to make it extra cute!


I'm planning on using the first cover pocket to store any greeting cards I need to send out for the month.  Also, I added a pencil pouch for a pen, calculator, and our checkbook with register.


I bought several packs of these super cute file folders from the Target Dollar Spot and simply punched holes in them to use as dividers.  I labelled them with my label maker.


On the first page, I put my 2012 Year at a Glance calendar inside some clear sheet protectors.


Then comes my 2-page monthly calendars (with to-do list and goals list on each month).  I searched Pintrest to find some of the best uplifting quotes for each month too.


I also have a Week at a Glance page to use either as a scheduling page, to track things like workouts, keep food diaries, or whatever.
 


In the "Household Info" section, I typed out driving directions to our house from nearby cities.  This is simply because I am TERRIBLE with directions and couldn't find my way out of a paper bag.  So, when guests or delivery people need to come to our house and ask me for directions, I will be prepared!  I also included my packing lists (for Noah & me).  I keep them in clear sheet protectors and use dry-erase markers to check things off as I pack.


Next comes the "Food & Shopping" section where I keep extra copies of my personalized grocery list, menu planner, & take out menus.


 Then, I have my "Special Occasions" section.  I have a "sweet occasions" page where I recorded all our family & friends' birthdays and anniversaries.  This makes staying on top of the card and gift buying so much easier.


This is my Thank You Note Tracker, which would have been helpful at Christmas.  Now, I'm having a hard time remembering all the awesome gifts Noah received to write my thank you notes.   I also have a Signed, Sealed, & Delivered page to keep our addresses.


 The finance section comes next.  I plan on using this folder (also from Target Dollar Spot) to hold our bills to be paid.  


Here is my Monthly Budget Sheet.  My family decided after Christmas to start The Dave Ramsey Plan, so having our budget in plain sight each month will help tremendously!


To help us keep track of our bills, I made this year-long checklist.  Love it!  :)

 My housekeeping section includes my weekly cleaning checklist.  I'm not sure exactly where I want to keep this, but I want to display it somewhere.  I heart checking things off my to-do list?  Anyone else?


I've been doing this for a while, but I re-designed my sign to match the rest of my printables.  When Noah is asleep, his room is so close to our front door that the doorbell wakes him up.  So, if I'm home, I put out this sign (especially if I'm expecting a guest or a delivery)...it has proven to be invaluable to me...ah, naptime!  ;)


Today, I did tackle one organization task ( just 27,415 left to go).  I printed out my Weekly Menu Plan onto cardstock and framed it in an inexpensive frame.  Then, I moved my adhesive chalkboard from my craft room to the fridge.  I attached my frame with command strips.  I love it so much!


So, what do you think?  It is a whopping 45 pages long.  If you want your very own copy of my HOME Book printable pages, I offer them in several different options...


the personalized cover page (with family photo and name)





AND...Everything together!!!

Also, just for our sweet readers, I'm offering a 15% discount for all the HOME Book files for 5 days (so until Thurs. Jan. 19).  All you have to do is enter the discount code: HOME15 during checkout.  

Have a blessed weekend, friends!!!

Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. OMG! I am in love with how organized everything is :) This is fantastic :) Have a happy rest of your weekend :)

    Lisa :)
    Made In The Shade In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like those three little aliens on Toy Story when they look up and say "The CLAW"!
    I am jealous at how organized you are! It is awesome!
    Staci

    Going Nutty!

    misssquirrels@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this....there were some organizers online I wanted but I agree with you...way to pricey. I settled with a Target one a few weeks ago..poo..I'm still going to check out yours....love it!!!!

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is so awesome! Super cute and and perfect for someone whose OCD like me! :)
      Love some Target Dollar Spot also!

      Kelly
      Beg, Borrow, Steal

      Delete
  4. OMG this is amazing. Love how cute and organized this is! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that's seriously amazing. I LOVE it!

    Barbara
    Grade ONEderful

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am looking for a program on my Mac that can design things like this as well as like marketing ads... Do you know of anything? What program did you use to create this?

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so awesome! I need help organizing my work and home. I am always feeling behind. I love how you can see accomplishment each day, week, & month.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What programs do you use to create these? I'd love to create my own!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ditto to the other comments, what programs did you use to create these? I would love to see what I could come up with for my family binder.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This commodity discusses a action to abode and pay bottomward apprentice loans quickly. It explains the key apparatus of your accommodation and how to beforehand payment. Check Cashing San-diego

    ReplyDelete
  11. You can approve your bank to consequently pay your bills with the goal that you won't miss anything. This makes life so much less demanding. Robotize those annoying bills so you keep in mind to pay on time. In particular, make certain to subsidize your record to keep the danger of over drafting and paying for intemperate bank expenses. Cash Advance Chicago

    ReplyDelete
  12. Unfortunately, numerous center salary families spend more than they can manage the cost of when they buy a vehicle. The people at Interest.com did a study on the normal costs that a middle wage family spends on another or utilized auto. check cashing san-diego

    ReplyDelete