homeAbout UsTeachingPartiesFor the HomeFreebies

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Declaration of Guilt

Situation #1- Ok, so just to give you a little background of my "tattle" here it is- usually while my kids are working they like to listen to music so I try to upload many different things that I know they would enjoy hearing and something I don't mind either :) My go to place WAS limewire, but now I've graduated to better things. So I downloaded a song my kids had been begging me for and quickly put it on the iPod and docked it up and let it play. Little did I know- I really downloaded a recording of someone that sounded just like Bill Clinton saying "I did not have sexual relations with that woman." I was mortified and immediately prayed that would not be repeated. Thankfully, none of the children caught it therefore no reason to be called into the office. Whew. 


Situation #2- this one is a little bit like the 1st, but it's still funny as I continue to think about it. I forgot my iPod one day at home and decided to use Pandora Radio to entertain my kids while they were working. WELL....I have news for you my friends, Pandora Radio (the free version) has MANY commercials that are not suitable for children (especially 1st graders). I was over at my desk helping a student and all the sudden I hear "Sex? I will not have sex with you, not today, not tomorrow, NOT EVER!" Then my students were busting up laughing and repeating the word saying "oh that's a bad word." Again, the mortification sets in and the prayers are prayed that parents would not contact me about this issue. I did not and nothing has ever come of any of the situations, except for learning. I definitely know God has my back. THANK YOU! 


Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. As long as you listen to the kids only Pandora stations this should not happen. It hasn't happen to me...but now I'm a little scared. We shouldn't have to censor all this for our kids it should already be done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I play Pandora all the time during my writer's workshop and luckily this has not happened to me . . yet! I will have to be more careful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. On Pandora, I have gone to the settings and selected "No explicit material" and it has been very safe for us.
    Also, we only listen to the Disney station, or classical/symphony/piano stations.

    However, one of my fellow teachers told me a Vagisil commercial came on hers the other day! So embarrassing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is exactly what happened to me with Pandora radio and I know the commercial! I bet we were both listening at the same moment. That commercial was for a up and coming TV show! I have not used it since. I was listening to classical on that particular day to and have the settings selected for "No explicit material". That setting refers only to the music, not to the advertising!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You just flashed me back to about 17 years ago. We were learning about volcanoes and I had a National Geographic CD-Rom..it had a slide show of different locations where volcanoes had been active in 91 I think...anyway, I watched the slide show and low & behold we had some pictures from an area where the women don't wear anything above the waist! We had a discussion of different cultures and what's acceptable...talked to my principal (me with a very red face!) Praise God, no parent complaints!!! Nancy Wilson
    Nancydwilson@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this so happened to me once! I just started blabbing out loud, "Oaksdjf asij aasdvhaois". They looked at me like I was crazy. I said, "Sorry guys, something was in my throat." Thank goodness they didn't hear! Luckily someone told me how you can get rid of explicit material. Whoo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This happened to me too! Haha! It made me break down and buy a subscription so I didn't have to worry about commercials anymore. Thanks for sharing. Good to know I'm not the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you have speakers on your computer check out munchkinradio.com it is designed for kids. It is set up to sound just like a radio station and they only play child appropriate music. Always worth a try!

    ReplyDelete
  9. One year I decided to show my students "Spy Kids 2" thinking it couldn't be all that bad. We had spent a week reading detective stories and I watched this movie tons of times with my own children. I don't know how I forgot that the "s" word was in it!!!!!! I jumped up so fast and screamed 10 jumping jacks, ready, begin. They all just jumped up and did it with me thinking I needed them to stretch for a minute!

    ReplyDelete